Adaptiva is seeking a passionate and driven Linux Engineer to join their Platform team who love solving big problems using well-designed and elegantly written code. You will be working on cutting-edge technologies, including Distributed Computing, Network Protocols, Cloud Infrastructure and Services, Big Data, Analytics and Visualization to solve real-world problems for some of the biggest and most respected Fortune 500 companies in the world.
Adaptiva is a results-driven company that invests in hard-working, genuine, talented, and creative employees who don’t settle for anything short of their best work. You will thrive in an independent, friendly, and collaborative working environment where you can truly leave a mark.
We are seeking passionate and driven Linux Engineers who love solving big problems using well-designed and elegantly-written code. You will be on a team building the interface of enterprise-grade software, delivering solutions to critical security and operational problems of the world’s most valuable brands.
You will mainly be working in C and running on Linux platforms, adding monitoring tools and contributing to the Cloud Development efforts on the Linux OS.
The right person would have a deep understanding of Linux OS and have a love for it. You know how to create threads, multithreading models and could be building up to be an expert in the Linux community who is programming in various Linux Operating Systems.
- BA/BS or MS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline
- Professional experience programming OOP languages on Linux OS- Java Preferred.
- Skilled in C
- Experience using the typical Linux toolbox of open-source software and management tools: how to create threads, multithreading models and experienced with programing in Linux OS
- Industry experience focused on Linux with extensive experience with storage drivers and low-level networking software
- Knowledge of Linux file system APIs, operating system related resources APIs, native experience on operating systems level.
- Experience with distributed systems architecture and related technologies.
Collaborating, Mentoring and Designing award winning solutions. Each day can be different working with cross functional teams to deliver solutions for clients. You will be exposed to new technologies and be able to grow in an environment that isn’t micromanaged while propelling your professional growth.
The compensation plan includes a competitive base salary, bonuses as well as a comprehensive benefits package. You will also be eligible for our employee Phantom Stock Option Plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.