Adaptiva is seeking a passionate and driven Linux Engineer to join their Platform team who love solving big problems using well-designed and elegantly written code. You will be working on cutting-edge technologies, including Distributed Computing, Network Protocols, Cloud Infrastructure and Services, Big Data, Analytics and Visualization to solve real-world problems for some of the biggest and most respected Fortune 500 companies in the world.
Adaptiva is a results-driven company that invests in hard-working, genuine, talented, and creative employees who don’t settle for anything short of their best work. Engineers can thrive in an independent, logical environment where they can truly leave a mark on an award winning, rapidly growing organization.
We are seeking passionate and driven Linux Engineers who love solving big problems using well-designed and elegantly-written code. You will be on a team building the interface of enterprise-grade software, delivering solutions to critical security and operational problems of the world’s most valuable brands.
You will mainly be working in C and running on Linux platforms, adding monitoring tools and contributing to the Cloud Development efforts on the Linux OS.
The right person would have a deep understanding of Linux OS and have a love for it. You know how to create threads, multithreading models and could be building up to be an expert in the Linux community who is programming in various Linux Operating Systems.
- BA/BS in Computer Engineering or Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2 years of industry experience kernel hacking or firmware development or embedded software development.
- Experience using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software and management tools: how to create threads, multithreading models and experienced with programing in Linux OS
- Skilled in C
- Experience in developing Linux modules, baremetal software, firmware, bootloaders, board bringups.
- MS in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Industry experience focused on Linux with extensive embedded, device emulation, virtualization, and/or kernel experience, storage drivers, low level networking software.
- Experience with distributed systems architecture and related technologies.
Collaborating, Mentoring and Designing award winning solutions. Each day can be different working with cross functional teams to deliver solutions for clients. You will be exposed to new technologies and be able to grow in an environment that isn’t micromanaged while propelling your professional growth.
The compensation plan includes a competitive base salary, bonuses as well as a comprehensive benefits package. You will also be eligible for our employee Phantom Stock Option Plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.