Adaptiva is a leading, global provider of endpoint management and security solutions. The company’s products empower enterprises to manage and secure endpoints at unparalleled speed and massive scale using the power of peer-to-peer technology. Leading global Fortune 1000 organizations, including Nokia, HSBC, Walgreens, the U.S. Department of Defense, and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, use Adaptiva products to eliminate the need for a vast IT infrastructure and automate countless endpoint management and security tasks.
The company is entirely self-funded, extremely profitable, and fast-growing. We were founded with goal of creating an environment where people could work together collaboratively and do the best work of their lives. The company has built an experienced executive team drawn from Microsoft, Oracle, and other leading enterprise software companies.
Role and Responsibilities
We are now expanding into a brand-new SaaS product portfolio of cloud-native solutions that will drive hyper-growth for the company and create tremendous opportunities for the team. As part of this growth, we are seeking a IT Manager to join our team. This position will manage the internal network and cloud infrastructures that support our business operations.
This position is based at our headquarters in Kirkland, WA, and reports to the Sr. Director of Information Security.
- Lead the design, implementation, proactive management, and troubleshooting of technology infrastructure solutions, including but not limited to IT infrastructure and platforms, network, telecom, security system, surveillance systems, cloud storage, end user devices, management & monitoring solutions.
- Establish partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and vendors to facilitate problem resolution and the identification of opportunities for using technologies to automate and streamline business processes so that they are secure, reliable, efficient, and cost-effective.
- Development of business cases including financial modelling and strategic planning as needed.
- Accountable for the ongoing management, reliability, availability, and performance of our Network Infrastructure
- Manage Adaptiva’s Microsoft 365, Microsoft Intune, ADFS, Azure AD, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Windows server operating systems, virtualization, server hardware, networking, VoIP, security technologies, and monitoring solutions.
- Responsible for negotiating and acquiring hardware (laptops, computer peripherals, etc.) and installation activities for new hardware and software components.
- Maintains, monitors, and supports the IT infrastructure environment throughout the company, facilities, HQ and remote offices.
- Identify and resolve network issues across network / voice domain. Develop standard operating procedures and baseline network monitoring standards. Support network transport (LAN / WAN), service delivery (Voice / Data / Collaboration) and network provisioning in accordance with industry best practice and Adaptiva standards.
- Adhere to all Adaptiva policies, processes and standards
- 3-5 years of experience
- Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of IT information systems. Frequently uses and applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with an emphasis on the Company’s interests.
- Demonstrate Adaptability and Desire to Learn – Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in response to obstacles, constraints, adversity, and mistakes. Constructively and resourcefully adapts to changing needs, conditions, priorities, or opportunities. Seeks out opportunities to learn from new discoveries, innovations, ways of looking at things, knowledge, and ideas. Invites and incorporates feedback, without becoming defensive.
- Plan and Execute – Executes plans (e.g., action steps, timelines) to accomplish objectives. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, and projects to ensure accomplishment of results. Holds oneself accountable for outcomes (e.g., achieving goals and complying with policies and procedures). Anticipates and addresses obstacles.
- Hands-on experience managing and demonstrated excellence troubleshooting across several infrastructure disciplines, including (but not limited to) Microsoft 365, Microsoft Intune, ADFS, Azure AD, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Windows server operating systems, virtualization, server hardware, networking, VoIP, security technologies, and monitoring solutions.
- Experience in managing cloud services such as AWS, Azure and/or other CDN’s (Content Delivery Networks).