Adaptiva is a leading, global provider of endpoint management and security solutions. The company’s products empower enterprises to manage and secure endpoints at unparalleled speed and massive scale using the power of peer-to-peer technology. Leading global Fortune 1000 organizations, including Nokia, HSBC, Walgreens, the U.S. Department of Defense, and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, use Adaptiva products to eliminate the need for a vast IT infrastructure and automate countless endpoint management and security tasks.
The company is entirely self-funded, extremely profitable, and fast-growing. We were founded with goal of creating an environment where people could work together collaboratively and do the best work of their lives. The company has built an experienced executive team drawn from Microsoft, Oracle, and other leading enterprise software companies.
Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced software packager to join a newly formed packaging/metadata team. The successful candidate should have a deep understanding of software packaging/repackaging technologies and tools, creating silent installers, building custom actions and manipulating setup behaviours.
The successful candidate will report to the Application packaging team leader. They will be the subject matter expert on installers and installation technologies and assist the team obtain installer-related metadata.
- Subject matter expert on installers and installation technologies
- Creating silent installers for software, including custom actions and wrappers where appropriate
- Analysing and modifying install behaviour of existing installers
- Testing installation behaviour and adapting installers to perform additional functions
- Adding custom command-line options and installation preferences to installers
- Identifying post-installation software metadata, such as the primary executable, software/device applicability, detection, installation and uninstallation command-lines etc.
- Liaising directly with end-customers where appropriate, to understand package requirements
- Deep understanding of application packaging
- Deep understanding of all installer types (i.e. MSI, MSI Transforms, EXE, MSP, CAB etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of MSI creation, including modifying MSIs to perform custom actions
- Good knowledge of scripting technologies such as PowerShell, VBScript, Python etc.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with customers at all levels
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
Good to Have
- Experience with common packaging tools such as AdminStudio, InstallShield, WISE, AutoIT, Orca
- Experience in packaging for Mac/Linux Operating Systems
- Knowledge of workflow automation products (i.e. Adaptiva Workflow Design, System Center Orchestrator, Azure Automation, Chef etc.)
- Experience with endpoint management software such as SCCM/MEM, Intune, VMWare Workspace ONE etc.